What is an Antenatal Doula?
An antenatal doula (also called an antepartum doula), provides care and support to those in need during pregnancy. Antenatal doulas specialize in high-risk pregnancies and care for those who are typically on bedrest.
What is a Postpartum Doula?
A postpartum doula is a professional support person trained in the needs of the family in the days, weeks, and months after birth or the addition of a new baby.
What does a CAPD Doula do?
The CAPD doula provides physical, emotional, and informational support to families during pregnancy and up to 3-4 months postpartum.
Students must have a computer with internet accessibility.
Occasional printer use
Age requirements: Students can begin their training at the age of 16.
Please note that you may not be able to own your own business until you are 18 without your parent’s help.
Please read the DoulaVersity Code of Ethics, Conduct, & Scope of Practice For DoulaVersity Antenatal & Postpartum Doulas and our Grievance Policy
To view all the requirements to become a CAPD doula - please click the link here.
Being a doula is not only a career but a rewarding pathway to helping families find their pathway to better birth outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing top-notch doula certification and other advanced doula trainings that will enhance your doula profession. At DoulaVersity we believe that you can make a world of difference!
At DoulaVersity we know that you have many options when it comes to pursuing your doula certification program. Here are some reasons why you should consider us for your training:
- We went above and beyond for our training content. As a doula you will always be learning, but we wanted to make it easier for you to navigate your role as a doula from the very start. We teach our students more, so you won’t have to say “I didn’t learn that in my doula training”!
- Many doulas feel unprepared when they first become certified. At DoulaVersity, we make sure our doulas are more than ready when they enter the 'doulaverse'.
- We have eye-catching photos and graphics, videos, and comprehensive content to keep our students engaged.
- Enjoy personalized mentoring from the owner and founder, and our certified doulas. We are invested in helping our students become professional doulas!
- NO yearly fees and your certification is for LIFE (with options for recertifications upon request).
Give your clients the very best! Become a DoulaVersity certified doula today!
Requirements for Doula Certification:
- Read and sign the DoulaVersity Code of ethics, conduct, and scope of practice
- Read and sign the DoulaVersity grievance policy
- Read a total of three books
- Watch required videos
- Complete the DoulaVersity modules and quizzes
- Compile a community resource list for clients
- Request certification
- Students must be 16 years or older
- Must have a computer, and the internet.
The COVID-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc on the birthing world. Many if not most hospitals are only allowing one support person, and one professional support person (a certified birth doula). Many women are being forced to choose between their mother, sister, or other family member or close friend and a doula.
This is where DoulaVersity comes in. We have had many people certify for the sole purpose of only wanting to be there for the birth of their loved one.
Announcing our Friends and Family Doula Certification
We have two pathways for friends and family:
1) A fast-track temporary certification (your badge and certificate would have an expiration date a month after your family member's due date). This takes between 2-8 weeks to complete if you work on it every day. You would be required to do the following:
Complete modules 1-14 with all assignments and quizzes
Read: "The Birth Partner" by Penny Simkin (then do the book report)
Watch: "The Business of Being Born" video (then do the video report for that).
(Students will also still need to purchase and take the Spinning Babies Parent Class in module 10 as well. This is a video about 120 min long).
2) Our complete doula certification includes the above and adds:
A few assignments
Reading "The Healthy Pregnancy Book" by Dr. Sears (and doing the report)
Reading one other book from our suggested reading list (and doing the report_
Watching another birth documentary (and submit the report)Completing the community resource list (and submit)
Being a childbirth educator is such a rewarding career! Being a childbirth educator allows you to help make a difference in your community in so many ways. From reducing the neonatal and maternal mortality rates to providing couples an opportunity to grow closer through their pregnancy, you will transform lives forever.
Being an independent childbirth educator allows you to set your own hours, which can help you make extra income or make a career out of teaching if you'd like.
Upon certification, you will be a DoulaVersity Certified Childbirth Educator teaching your own independent childbirth course curriculum. This allows you to teach the content that you want without having to be confined to certain rules and regulations that some childbirth educator training's require.
DoulaVersity's comprehensive and interactive training will provide you with ALL the tools you need to teach a wide variety of classes. From a full childbirth class series both in and out of the hospital - to single classes such as newborn or comfort measure classes. The possibilities are endless, and so is your potential!
To view the complete list of certification requirements, please click the link below:
This price includes the following:
Online access to student platform for two years (both CBE 101 and CBE102 after completion of CBE 1010)
Injoy Web App codes for Understanding Pregnancy, Understanding Birth, Mother and Baby Care, and Understanding Breastfeeding
Access to Facebook Private Student Forum so you can ask questions and share ideas
Students must be 17 years of age
Must have access to the internet, a computer, and a printer
Have the ability to upload video. (Video will need to include both audio and visual components)
This course includes CBE 101 for both doulas and childbirth educators. Upon completion of this course, students will become certified doulas, and move on to CBE 102 where they will certify as childbirth educators.
After completing CBE 101, students will have access to this course where they will fine-tune their teaching skills, and complete the certification process as a certified childbirth educator.
There is no additional fee for CBE 102, as it is included with CBE 101. This course is not available ala carte.
Learn how to safely and properly implement the use of TENS in your birth practice.
After Completion of the TENS in Labor Workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe a TENS devise
- Understand and communicate the two basic ways a TENS can help labor pain
- Understand the advantages, disadvantages, and contradictions to TENS use in labor
- Understand the research on TENs for labor
- Understand how to assemble, and apply stimulation pads
- Explain the differences between a TENS, EMS and Labor TENS
- Understand how to properly clean your unit
- Trouble-shoot a non-working device
- Successfully implement TENS into your practice
A computer with internet access for the online training
Must be a trained birth professional (certification not required)
A computer with internet access for the online training.
A friend or family member who can model your placement of electrodes.
A printer and tape, or a set of electrodes
TIME TO COMPLETE COURSE: Students will have 12 weeks to complete the course, but each module should take no more than 2 hours to complete.
(The average time to complete the entire training is 6 hours).
Demonstration of Student Portal
This FREE course is designed for those who want to take a peek inside our DoulaVersity training while learning a thing or two in the process!
There is NO certification, as this is just a demonstration to give you a feel for what our programs look like when logged in.
Our promise to you: Your email and contact information is safe with us. We will not contact you to pressure you into joining us! We promise not to sell or give away your contact information through this site or any other parties.
Please respect our intellectual property: The content, pictures, and videos have been created or purchased by DoulaVersity. Students (you) are NOT allowed to use the copy and paste functions or download graphics. If the system flags a student for copying, pasting, or downloading pictures or graphics, the student will be removed and further (legal) action may be taken.
We hope you enjoy getting to know how our student platform works, while you decide if becoming a DoulaVersity certified doula is the right pathway for you!