Learn how to safely and properly implement the use of TENS in your birth practice.
After Completion of the TENS in Labor Workshop participants will be able to:
- Describe a TENS devise
- Understand and communicate the two basic ways a TENS can help labor pain
- Understand the advantages, disadvantages, and contradictions to TENS use in labor
- Understand the research on TENs for labor
- Understand how to assemble, and apply stimulation pads
- Explain the differences between a TENS, EMS and Labor TENS
- Understand how to properly clean your unit
- Trouble-shoot a non-working device
- Successfully implement TENS into your practice
A computer with internet access for the online training
Must be a trained birth professional (certification not required)
A computer with internet access for the online training.
A friend or family member who can model your placement of electrodes.
A printer and tape, or a set of electrodes
TIME TO COMPLETE COURSE: Students will have 12 weeks to complete the course, but each module should take no more than 2 hours to complete.
(The average time to complete the entire training is 6 hours).